Innovation in Education Awards – April 28, 2021
April 15, 2021 | Uncategorized
Innovation in Education is an after-school reception and awards ceremony that honors exceptional students, volunteers, educators and business partners in Johnson County, co-presented by the Iowa City Area Business Partnership and the Iowa City Area Development Group. The awards will be presented on Wednesday, April 28 at The Englert Theatre in the heart of Downtown Iowa City beginning at 6:00 pm. We invite all parents, students, faculty and business leaders in the Iowa City area to celebrate the outstanding members of our education community!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this event?
Innovation in Education is an after-school reception and awards ceremony that honors exceptional students, volunteers, educators, and business partners in Johnson County, co-presented by the Iowa City Area Business Partnership and the Iowa City Area Development Group.
Where and when is this event?
Join us Wednesday, April 28 at The Englert Theatre in the heart of Downtown Iowa City. Doors open at 5:30, with the program beginning at 6:00 pm.
What is the dress code?
We encourage everyone, winners and guests alike, to dress your best! Semi-formal is recommended, but not required. Face coverings will be required at all times inside the theatre, so don’t forget your mask!
What other COVID precautions are being taken?
We are adhering to the guidelines set forth by The Englert:
- All appropriate internal spaces will be sprayed or wiped with disinfectant prior to the arrival of any artist, renter, or visitor.
- While in the building, all parties are required to wear masks at all times. Exceptions include artists and presenters while using a microphone in which case there may be only one person unmasked at a time
- All who wish to enter the building shall practice self-screening activities prior to arrival and continue to self-monitor throughout the day.
- All shall monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 that are identified below.
- All who enter the building will have their temperature checked at the door with a no-touch thermometer to confirm a temperature below 101°F.
- All who enter must verbally confirm the following:
- I am not experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
- No one in my household is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
- I have not had contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last two weeks
Where should I park? And do I need to pay?
From The Englert’s website: Limited street parking is available in front of the building. Several parking ramps are conveniently located just a short walk away.
Chauncey Swan Parking Ramp—460 E. Washington Street (parking free after 6pm) Washington & Gilbert Street.
Tower Place & Parking — 351 Iowa Avenue Iowa Avenue & Dubuque Street. First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
Dubuque Street Ramp — 280 S. Dubuque Street Dubuque Street and Burlington Street, near Graduate and hotelVetro. First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
Capitol Street Ramp — 253 S. Clinton Street Clinton Street & Burlington Street. First hour free, $1 per hour for each additional hour
Where is check-in and how does it work?
If you are just joining us to celebrate, there will be a check-in table in the anteroom between the foyer and the theatre. Please stop by to sign-in! You can save time at this step by RSVPing in advance.
If you are one of our award winners or one of our presenters, please check in with Emily Wenzel in the lobby as soon as you arrive. She will be standing near the box office.
Schedule of the day
5:30 PM – Doors open
6:00 pm – Program begins
7:30 pm – Program ends
Who are the winners?
We have a great collection of awardees. Please see the Business Partnership’s News Release for a full list.
Whom do I contact with more questions?
If your question was not answered here, please contact Emily Wenzel, Director of Events & Programs, at (319) 337-9639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
The Englert Theatre: 221 East Washington Street, Iowa City, IA, 52240, United States