Marketing Intern Wanted
February 21, 2020 | News & Press Releases
Do you know an enthusiastic, driven college student who has a passion for marketing, event planning, and entrepreneurship? If so, we want to meet them!
ICAD is currently hiring for a summer Marketing and Communications intern. If you or someone you know is interested, please have them send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies, as well as assisting in various other areas of ICAD and MERGE. This may include playing hostess for events, moving tables and chairs, cleaning closets or unstacking a dishwasher. We wear many hats!
This internship will help you acquire marketing, event planning and overall life skills and provide you with knowledge of various kinds. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience working for a small non-profit economic development group and should be prepared for a fast-paced work environment with changes at every corner while having a lot of fun!
Responsibilities May Include:
- Social Media Management of ICAD and MERGE accounts
- Facebook: ICAD, MERGE, #IowaBrag, #1MC
- Twitter: ICAD, MERGE, #IowaBrag, #1MC
- Instagram: MERGE, #IowaBrag
- Graphic Design for social media and event graphics
- Video creation
- Updating ICAD and MERGE website
- Updating MERGE monitor weekly
- Input events on ICAD/MERGE website & Facebook
- Assist in planning events and monthly programming
- Assist with set-up and teardown of events @ MERGE as needed
- Assist with investor relations
- Assist as needed with various responsibilities @ MERGE for ICAD team, CoLab members and events
- Creative and flexible
- Ability to work individually or with a team
- Ability to quickly produce content and change course with little information
- Event planning knowledge & ability to execute without much oversight
- Marketing knowledge
- Social media knowledge
- Graphic design knowledge (Canva.com acceptable)