Job Posting: President, ICAD Group
January 20, 2020 | News & Press Releases
President, Iowa City Area Development Group
The Iowa City Area Development Group seeks a dynamic leader to continue its 35 year history of success as a 501 (c) 6 non-profit that serves to grow the Iowa City Area by providing innovative economic development. The President will serve as the primary representative of the organization to the board, investors, communities of service and other stakeholders with a positive spirit of collaboration and knowledge to ensure the goals of the organization are met.
ICAD’s Mission is to create, collaborate and lead regional economic development initiatives that contribute to the creation and growth of companies, wealth and quality jobs through a spirit of innovation and a culture of sharing that transforms knowledge into economic opportunity.
Strategic vision and leadership
- Collaborate with the board of directors to refine and implement strategic efforts to improve the quality of life in the Iowa City Area through the growth, expansion and creation of new interstate commerce companies, while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with ICAD’s core mission.
- Provide inspirational leadership, management and direction to all staff, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable ICAD to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- In partnership with the Executive Committee, help build a diverse and inclusive Board representative of the community that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits ICAD to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from public and private sources. Ensure that the ICAD fundraising campaigns are successful in providing the organization with sufficient funds to continue innovative programming.
Infrastructure and Operations
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality services while managing for current and future growth.
- Support, manage and motivate the organization’s staff.
- Facilitate collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization’s strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Be a regional leader to ensure that ICAD is seen as a collaborative part of the larger regional growth strategies and supporting the efforts of ICR when applicable.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Oversee the effective management of Merge and Co-Work at 808 to support the Entrepreneurial ecosystem for entrepreneurs and startups. Facilitate connections to vital resources for new companies and provide a supportive co-working environment.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA, MPA, J.D. or related advanced degree
- An experienced leader, ideally with prior nonprofit experience, preferably in economic development
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
ICAD Group is an equal opportunity employer.
This position reports to the ICAD Group Board of Directors.
Starting Salary Range:
$120,00-$140,000 Commensurate with Experience
Health / Dental Insurance, 401K, Vehicle Allowance, Cell Phone Allowance, Paid Parking, progressive PTO Policy
Please send resume and cover letter to Shari DeMaris Board President @. ICADsearch@gmail.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 28th.