MEDCO Launches Platform for Small Business Collaboration
September 19, 2018 | Entrepreneur Resources
Loft Startup Exchange is a new community of likeminded business leaders seeking to connect, learn, and grow. Marion Economic Development Corporation recently launched Startup Exchange in response to feedback from small business partners who suggested that running a small business often feels like operating on an island.
Startup Exchange serves as a platform to convene individuals working to establish and scale small business. Entrepreneurial ecosystems thrive when people and resources are working together to develop new approaches and solutions.
“We want Startup Exchange to help folks make connections with others, share best practices, and uncover ways to collaborate in overcoming common challenges and opportunities,” says MEDCO President Nick Glew. “The program quite simply provides a platform for convening individuals and ideas.”
Loft Startup Exchange targets businesses with less than six employees, those in business for less than five years, or companies with annual revenue of under $300,000. It is designed to be an affordable opportunity for companies to network and grow. Membership benefits include:
- Monthly meetup/collaboration opportunities with all Loft Coworking and Loft Startup Exchange members
- Quarterly coaching with Small Business Development Center staff
- Access to all Loft Coworking & MEDCO programming
- Access to Loft Coworking Conference Room and two free days per month at Loft Coworking
- Receive bi-weekly MEDCO E-blasts
- Listed on MEDCO Website with business profile and link to company website
- Guidance and advisement for state and local economic development incentive assistance
Loft Startup Exchange is now accepting new members. More information is available atwww.medcoiowa.org/exchange.