HR / Legal Resources During COVID-19
Unemployment — Learn More:
Q&A: Information for Employers and Workers:
- Employers – COVID-19 and Unemployment Insurance Questions
- Workers – COVID19 and Unemployment Insurance Questions
Webinars: Information for Employers and Workers:
- Employer Unemployment Insurance Benefits During COVID-19
- A webinar specifically for employers. Here’s what you need to know in order to navigate unemployment insurance benefits during COVID-19
- Unemployment Claimant Webinar: COVID-19 Information
- Learn what you need to know as an employee who is looking to file for unemployment. Are you eligible? How much are you entitled to? How do I file? Those questions and more will be answered.
Voluntary Shared Work Program
The Voluntary Shared Work Program (VSW) is Iowa’s version of Short Term Compensation (STC).
The VSW program is intended for use as an alternative to layoffs and has been an effective tool for Iowa businesses experiencing a decline in regular business activity. Under VSW, work reductions are shared by reducing employees’ work hours and Unemployment Insurance (UI) partially replaces lost earnings. By avoiding layoffs, employees stay connected to their jobs and employers maintain their skilled workforce for when business improves. Learn More about the advantages and requirements.
Unemployment — Take Action:
- Apply for Unemployment
- File a Weekly Unemployment Claim
- Most claimants can receive unemployment insurance (UI) benefits for up to 26 weeks, and in some cases 39 weeks. To receive payments after filing for Unemployment Insurance benefits, a claimant must confirm eligibility every week using the claims reporting system.
- How to File Unemployment Online
- Watch this video to find out everything you need to know about filing an unemployment claim online.
Paid Sick Leave:
Families First Coronavirus Act Summary
Have questions about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and what it means for Emergency Paid Sick Time and Emergency Paid FMLA? Future Systems, Inc. has all of the answers to your questions. Learn more HERE.